Enterprise software, rich in data, specific use cases, and complex subject matter compels us to elevate our interactions and up our game. We’re not dealing with simple flows anymore. It’s time to rise to the occasion.
Leverage this course to gain a new outlook, adopt better standards and solidify decision-making - giving you confidence in your product’s behaviour going forward.
This course is great for anyone who is actively making important decisions in the product you’re working on.
In this course, we’ll be covering:
- What Interaction Design is and the pillars of Interaction
- Interactions in action (errors, success, warnings)
- What is system status and how to manage complexity
🎯 Learning Goals
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand what Interaction Design is, why it is important, and what your role is in creating interactions
- Distinguish good from bad interaction design
- Review the pillars of Interaction Design, CRUD and system status
- Develop an appreciation for software complexity
- Apply Interaction standards and workflows to create great user experiences
🙋What makes this course special?
- We apply concrete standards to interaction
- Our enterprise software point of view
- Realness - abstraction is made real with examples, scenarios and business stories
- We cover states which are uniquely enterprise and complex (these are the gotchas of your everyday life!)
Contact inf[email protected] to get team pricing and live course pricing.